Monday, April 11, 2011

I'm all over the place

Hello bloggies! I haven't written in a few days, and it's because I have been out and about all weekend!To summarize my weekend, I worked the French Quarter Festival here in New Orleans selling Abita beer most of the day Saturday and it was so fun. I really had a good time, and saw lots of new foods, some were questionable in appearance but nothing I wouldn't eat!!! One of my classmates had a friend in town from California so we had a fun weekend going out (indulging) on various alcoholic beverages. I also got to catch up with one of my very good friends yesterday over coffee and he introduced me to my new obsession. WHOLE FOODS. I know, where have I been? The only grocery store back home though is Kroger and Walmart! I've been deprived. I went early this morning to buy groceries and just had the most amazing salad for lunch. Ingredients included:  Quinoa, Bell peppers, Black beans, Sunflower seeds, Zucchini, Mustard seeds, Pico de gallo, Cilantro, and Lemon juice. It was absolutely fantastic!!!
I normally hate salad, but this was more nutty and not so leafy it was perfect.
                                                      It kind of looked like this!!
In other news, I got 4 miles in early this morning before my WF adventure, and I'm not gonna lie, I only ran 3, and walked the last mile. I don't know what was going on but I was just out of whack this morning. Maybe it has something to do with the copious amounts of alcohol that entered my body this weekend?? Nah! I did however walk on incline the whole time for that last mile, and progressed it eventually to a big hill. So I didn't completely wimp out!
*Also a special thank you is in order for Mr. Dewayne Carter, many of you may know him as Lil Wayne. He keeps my butt in line at the gym and I think I can sing every word of his songs on my ipod. If only people knew the vulgarities blaring in my ears as I'm running!
                           Anyways, thanks Lil Wayne, couldn't do it without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment